In this article, we will be suggesting you a tool that can remove those annoying background noises while in an important meeting or video calls. | Krisp: A real-time background noise cancellation software.
Disclosure: The Content on Zedore is completely FREE. When you purchase through referral links on our site, We may get a small share/ commission from the sale.
What is Krisp?
Krisp is a software that removes background noise from those important video calls. It surprisingly has a simple interface, no tuning or other stuff. Just toggle a button and all of that noise is gone.
The other day, five of my friends were on a meet with krisp enabled in our systems and the results were awesome. It was completely smooth and worked flawlessly without any lags.
This software uses a real-time AI-powered noise cancellation technology which separates the background noise from the audio.
Read more: Concerns of AI and its evolution
Krisp gives you complete freedom to not worry about your important calls in a situation where there is a lot of annoying sounds like a baby crying, traffic noise, dogs barking, etc.
Note: Krisp doesn’t send your audio from your machine to their servers. Complete audio processing is done in your local system.
How does Krisp work?
Krisp has a layer between the computer microphone/speaker and the app in which you are interacting. When you enable krisp, first the audio is received to the software and then process to remove the participant voice and the noise with the help of AI, and finally transmitted to the conferencing application.
This complete processing is done on your system itself. No data is collected to ensure privacy and security.
As mentioned on their website, the Krisp application is based on Deep Neural Networks. The company has analyzed datasets of over 20000 distinct noises and 10000 clean voices of different aged peoples. and these audios were provided to the neural network, which was later used to train and remove noise completely from those disrupted audios.
Krisp uses the latest audio processing technology together with ML and artificial intelligence to bring the best audio experience that’s possible.
|OS||64-bit Windows 10|
|Windows 10 version||min: 1903, recommended: Latest version|
|CPU||Intel Core i3 or higher, AMD Ryzen 3 or higher|
|OS||macOS 10.13 High Sierra or higher|
|CPU||Intel®️ Core i3 or higher, Apple M1 ARM-based chip|
The Krisp Mac app works on the Apple M1 through Rosetta 2 emulator. While there is no specific ETA yet, there is a plan to have a native app in the future.
The Krisp app isn’t supported on other OS such as:
- Chrome OS
Advantages of Krisp
- Krisp doesn’t monitor your calls or keeps a log of your data.
- All the audio processing during the call is done locally on the system you are using – it’s not stored on any clouds/ servers. They only store analytics data to monitor and improve the experience.
- Mutes all background noise on both ends of a call/ conference.
- It is compatible with any microphone, speaker/ headset, and with almost any other communications app, including the prominent ones like Zoom meet and Google Meet, etc.
- It works on almost any device, including Mac, Windows, Android, and iPhones.
- A free version is also available with an audio time limit.
- The Krisp noise cancellation software is already trusted by telecommuting professional companies such as Intel, Discord, and more.
Note: All the prices mentioned below are from the Krisp official site, we are not responsible for any price changes and also the price mentioned is *billed annually.
- 120 minutes a week
- Unlimited minutes
- Team upto 50 seats
Extra: If you want to purchase krisp for a whole organization, You can contact them directly from there here. Krisp Enterprise