Electronic devices, especially smartphones have become a crucial part of daily life. Most people refer that mobile phones have become an essential extension of our body and a huge amount of people are also addicted to them.
Present Smartphones are so much feature-packed that it can give you almost every piece of information you look for. All though more than 90% of people use it nowadays, you might not know some of the interesting facts about mobile phones.
In this post, let us know 26 interesting facts about mobile phones that might shock you!
1. Did you know, addiction to mobile phones can lead to a phenomenon called Nomophobia. This happens when a person is feared for being without their phones or losing signals for a period of time. The term is a combination of the phrase ‘no mobile phobia’.
2. 99% of all the mobile malwares are focused to target Android users specifically.
3. Throwing Mobile Phones is an official sport in Finland🤨. Contenders would meet annually to see who can throw phones at the most distant. It is believed that throwing phones relieves the tension that smartphone tags along with the person.
4. Your mobile phones have 18 times more harmful bacteria than toilet handles and seat. Remember to clean your hands regularly and also disinfect your phones periodically!
5. Current teenagers who use their phones more than 2 hrs/day increases the risk of tension, depression, and anxiety.
6. The ratio of mobile phones to PC (home computers) are in ratio of 5:1. Which means mobile phones has an huge impact compared to computers.
7. Mobile phone industry is the one of the fastest growing industry worldwide.
8. Most of the Mobile phone users spend their time on games and social media(49% and 30% respectively).
9. The best-selling mobile phone of all time is the Nokia 1100. It is the best selling gadget in the history of all electronic devices now.
Since its launch in 2003, more than 250 million Nokia 1100 were sold which makes it the most selling phone of all time. This model was discontinued in 2009.
10. Did you know, there are more mobile phones than people in our world.
11. 46% of smartphone users worldwide say that they ‘couldn’t live without the phone’ and the shocking part is its half of the world’s population.
12. The average person unlocks their mobile phone around 110 times each day.
13. Did you know, Why we say “hello” while calling?
Telephone communication exchanges were first set up in the US and they considered ‘Hello’ as a standard way to begin a conversation on a mobile phone in their manuals, later on, it was adopted worldwide.
14. 90% of mobile phones in Japan are waterproof. The reason is weird, most of the youngsters use their phones in the shower and hence, they make it waterproof.
15. Fact- 60% of apps from the Apple app store have never been downloaded. Meanwhile, more than 70% of downloaded apps are deleted within 72 hours.
Also check out amazing facts about Apple Inc
16. 90% of all the text message/ chats received, are read within 3 minutes of delivery time.
17. Most people use a pin code/ password to lock their phones. While there are a handful of people who don’t even use the locking feature, to be specific it’s 28%.
18. Among all of the mobile operating systems, Android has the largest market share (84.7%) and it keeps growing. You should also know that, if you think Google owns Android, you are mistaken, as Android is an open-source project which means that anyone can modify/alter this OS at any point.
19. About 80% of people, especially Phone addicts often experience some false/weird vibrations. and around 30% have heard ringing that simply did not exist, these are known as phantom vibrations.
20. The first handheld mobile phone went on sale in 1984, which was made by Motorola and was named DynaTAC 8000X. It only supported a Talktime of half an hour.
21. Surprisingly, the most common use for mobile phones is not making phone calls or sending messages but checking the time🙄.
22. Most people assume that apps are used less than websites. Although it’s not true, Mobile apps are used more compared to websites. People actually spend 87% of their time on mobile apps on their smartphones.
23. In-app Advertising and in-app purchases are the most popular source of revenue for mobile apps. 38% of mobile developers use ad revenue, while 37% earn from in-app purchases.
24. 81% of the internet users owns a smartphone.
25. 90% of users makes purchasing decisions through mobile phones rather than pc.
26. Probably, by 2025, 72% of internet use will only come from mobile phones alone.
Must Read: Interesting facts on Computers